Treatment for Burns
- Immediate first aid for Burns is the cold water treatment., ie applying cold water or dipping the affected area into cold water. After that give some rest or immobilize the affected area for a short while.
- We can also cover the affected part using a nonstick sterile bandage.
- Remember to protect the affected area from direct sunlight.
- We should also provide movement to the burned part. This may be painful initially due to the stretching of tissues, but gradually pain will be reduced.
- Providing physical and mental support is most important to make them feel better in their daily activities.
So these are the first aids we should be aware of, after which they can consult a doctor.